Wednesday, August 20, 2008

1 Week to Move-in



Next week I will be moving into Susan Miller Dorsey Hall with my roommate, Julia. Dorsey is one of the original halls on campus, and was built in the late 20's. Unfortunately, it doesn't have air conditioning. That may mean I do a lot more studying by the pool instead. It's heartbreaking, really. Dorsey's age means it has some especially neat characteristics, though. The hall was built with many themed courtyards, like Manana courtyard pictured here. Manana courtyard is built with plants all native to California and the Southwest. I've heard there's a pomegranate tree hidden somewhere around the building, too!

Hopefully this blog will keep everyone sufficiently up to date with what I'm up to and how I'm doing. I probably won't be writing letters, and I won't be back for thanksgiving. I'll miss everyone, so make sure to leave me comments to let me know how you're doing as well!

No comments: