Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ariel Goes to Dubai

The plane ride to Dubai took an entire day. It was roughly 11 hours between Portland and Amsterdam, a 3 hour lay-over, and then another 7 or so hours to Dubai. Snowy wasn't fond of me leaving.

It was exciting to see my dad again, after so long. I got to see where he lives and works and eats and all that. And he got to act as tour guide and show me around to all the attractions.
Along Sheik Zayed road in downtown Dubai are many of the tall buildings that make the city famous:






























Side mirrors on cars everywhere boast the same disclaimer, albeit in different languages:Madinat Jumeirah is a resort and shopping center built in an older style amidst all the newer ones. It was a neat place to visit and buy souvenirs, and one of the first places we went:


















Well, I have class in 15 minutes. I'll post more soon.

No comments: