Monday, January 19, 2009

Claremont

I'm back in Claremont, which feels more like home than anything else. I'm glad to see all my friends again, and especially Taylor, who picked me up from the airport. It's a little strange that classes start up again tomorrow. This semester I'm taking Italian, Intro to Sociocultural Anthropology, Death (which is a humanities/philosophy class), Empire Power and Culture in Early Modern Britain, Heretics Outcasts and the Other in Early Christianity, and Turbo Kickboxing. Hopefully all my classes are interesting. I already have my Italian books, but I ordered the ones for the other 4 online today. They wanted 20 books total, and from the college bookstore they cost $560. I was able to find some on Amazon significantly cheaper however. The only downside is that I have no idea when they'll be here.

I have lots to say about Dubai, and lots of pictures to post, but for now I'm still jet lagged and getting tired already. I'll write about it soon. Pinky swear.

No comments: