Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I can smell the sunshine!

Spring Break is so close! And much needed. I hope I can soak up just as much motivation as sunshine.

I finally heard back from the language program, and I didn't wind up getting it. It was a stretch, anyway. They got 4500 applicants for 500 positions. If I'm in Portland for the summer, I might want to take a beginning Arabic class, and that would put me in a smaller pool of applicants for next year.

Ellie, and her boyfriend Tucker, had their plans change so they came and visited me this weekend. It worked out fine, because I had very little homework. We watched Step Up 2 and Hairspray, and laid out in the sun on the lawn. We ate with some other kids from Wilson so Ellie could catch up with them. It was a good time. Too cold at the beach to warrant driving out there, and I didn't want to drive to Chinatown (downtown LA driving scares me!) so we stayed in Claremont the whole time. And yesterday they left to drive up to the Bay area to visit some other friends.

My Spring Break starts Friday the 13th. Hopefully that's not unlucky! I really need a good long break from work (but I'll probably wind up doing a bunch over break).

No comments: