Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween!

I almost wasn't going to dress up at all, but I managed to pull together a last minute Carmen Sandiego costume, with a hat and everything! It's not perfect. The hat is a converted felt pimp hat, and the coat is Julia's, so a size smaller than would be ideal. But it works, somewhat. Tomorrow night I'm going with Taylor and a few of his friends to a Joss Whedon sing-a-long. I'm kind of bummed to be missing all the events going on on-campus tomorrow night, but I won't miss seeing a million and a half girls in costumes titled "Slutty _____". (Fill in the blanks with nurse, cop, penguin, whatever.) My peer mentor, Jocelyn, is going as Xenu, the alien from Scientology. Julia is going as Velma from Scooby Doo, Dinah as an Ostrich, Heidi as a French revolutionary, and the creativity goes on. I hope I'm able to get pictures.

I got my Core midterm back today, and I did really well! Unfortunatly, the work just goes on and on. I have a paper due Monday on Toni Morrison's Beloved, a Marine Bio exam on Tuesday, and an Italian exam on Wednesday. I've managed to catch -up on, and even get ahead, in all my reading, so I started reading Fellowship of the Ring on the side. A couple years ago when I tried reading it, I found it super dense and difficult, but after all the reading we've done for Core I find that the Lord of the Rings is much easier, and even has a relaxing cadence.

My face hasn't gotten any better. The muscles that I can't move are a little sore, and trying to eat/drink is an adventure all it's own. At least my friends are nice enough to laugh with me when I take too big of a gulp and my coffee falls out of my mouth unexpectedly.

I need to go do laundry. I'm down to about 3 shirts, which makes getting ready in the morning quite a pain.

Also, what was I thinking when I didn't bring ALL my shoes?!?!?!

No comments: