Wednesday, September 24, 2008

College Stress

My work load has been pretty manageable up till this week. I now have two essays to be writing at the same time, which is not as thrilling as it sounds. I'm sure in the end I'll manage it find, but right now it's pretty stressful. I'm looking forward to going to work tonight because it's 2 hours to read instead of 2 hours sitting in front of a blank word document trying to wring ideas out of my brain and onto the page.
For Writing 50, I'm comparing Charlotte Perkins Gilman's piece Women and Economics to Joss Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'm just finally getting a hold on that paper. I wrote my first body paragraph, which I think turned out pretty well. I found out that Whedon studied Gender and Feminist Theory at Welseyan University, which explains so much.
For my Core class in the Humanities we've been assigned a compare and contrast essay using the works of these people: Needless to say... I'm not terribly excited.









On the bright side, I had a yummy warm chocolate chocolate chip muffin for breakfast. Yum! :)

1 comment:

James of Arabia said...

I remember seeing those people when I was in college...