Saturday, September 27, 2008

One Paper Down

My writing 50 paper was due last night at midnight and I got mine turned in online at exactly 11:59pm. I liked the paper over all, but I didn't have 4 full pages of stuff to write about. It turned out to be 3.5 pages, which hopefully will be close enough. Dinah and I finished at the same time and then went to the Muddhole at Harvey Mudd to get late night snacks. Then we stayed up reading magazines until 3 in the morning. At least some part of my Friday night was salvageable.
I worked last night during the Obama/McCain debate, and since not many people come in on friday nights, we watched the debate live on the computer. So many of the things McCain says are just downright frustrating. His strategy was to make Obama look unintelligent by starting all his rebuttals with "The thing I don't think Obama understands is..." and then he'd say completely unintelligent things himself. Apparently the way to convince Iran to be submissive to our will is to create a coalition of like-minded democratic states to stonewall everyone else? I just don't see that going well for us. In fact, that sounds like a great way to start a third world war.
Yesterday I also got swabbed to be entered into the national bone marrow database. Giving bone marrow used to be one of the most painful donations, because they had to physically go into your bone, but now with new technology it's apparently much more like giving blood.
Thursday I had a lab for my marine biology. We made little clay planktons and dropped them in corn syrup to see how fast they'd fall. And that night was a speech by Patricia Williams ,who is absolutely brilliant. She talked about the state of race relations in the country, today.
A lot of people are getting sick, but I haven't caught it yet. *knock on wood*

No comments: